Friday Five: 5 Reasons to Volunteer at the GOTR 5k!
5. Everyone is doing it! Our 5k is the largest timed 5k in the state of Missouri and it takes more than 400 volunteers to make it happen! From handing out water to cheering at cheer stations, we could not do it without you!
4. Meet new friends! Volunteer alongside others and you will have instant new friends!
3. It’s fun! Our race has been nominated by Big River Race Management for Best Post Race Atmosphere and we recently won their Runner’s Choice Award! It is impossible not to have fun when you combine excited families, friends, music and food trucks!
2. You will be inspired! 5k volunteer Lauren shared “The reward was so much bigger than I expected it would be. I directly witnessed the impact something so small could have on young girls. I saw their flushed faces full of power and determination. I was immediately impacted by the strength of character these young girls picked up in their time with Girls on the Run St. Louis.”
1. You will be a part of empowering more than 3,000 girls this season! Our 5k is the celebration of weeks of learning and training for our program participants! Completing the 5k gives the girls a tangible understanding of the confidence that comes through accomplishment as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals. Crossing the finish line is a defining moment when the girls realize that even the seemingly impossible IS possible.