- Due to current circumstances, Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole programs will both consist of 16 lessons (about 8 weeks) this season.
- The curriculum has been adapted to seamlessly transition between in-person and virtual-based, coach lead programming, depending on the needs of the site and any restrictions to in-person activities put in place to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Registration fees have been decreased by 25% at all sites this season only. More info about fees and financial assistance can be found here.
- New this season, girls have the opportunity to register for an ALL-virtual community team for either Girls on the Run (3rd-5th) or Heart & Sole (6th-8th). Check out our registration page for more info and to sign up!
- For the first time ever, Girls on the Run St. Louis is offering two sessions this fall! The first session will begin the week of September 14, and the second session will begin the week of October 5.
- As part of registration, all program participants (site-based and virtual) will be registered to participate in the end of season Virtual 5K celebration. The Virtual 5K can be completed individually or may be done at a site depending on the guidelines in place at the time of completion. The 5K celebrations will be completed between November 1-14, 2020.
- Develop and improve competence
- Feel confidence in who they are
- Develop strength of character
- Respond to others and oneself with care and compassion
- Create positive connections with peers
- Make a meaningful contribution to community
- Such life skills will prevent unhealthy and risky behaviors, such as physical inactivity and negative body image, and promote physical, mental, social and spiritual health.
Girls on the Run is so much more than an after school program. It is a philosophy. It not only impacts the girls who participate in the program, but also the volunteer coaches who deliver it and the many community members who support our program and mission. This provides an environment for all girls and women that nurtures, develops, and celebrates their strengths.