Wondering what your girl will be doing at Girls on the Run or Heart & Sole practice?
- She will participate in interactive lessons that involve activities, games and walking/running to teach life skills and build character and confidence
- She will contribute to her community through a community impact project (GOTR) or doing acts of kindness for others who might otherwise be ignored (H&S)
- She will join girls from around the area downtown to complete the 5k and celebrate her accomplishment at the end of the season!
- Girls are expected to commit to coming to both lessons every week
- Girls must wear secure, close-toed athletic shoes to practice (no bare feet, clogs, Crocs, flip flops or other loose or open-toed shoes will be permitted)
- Girls should wear clothing that are good for being active and appropriate for the weather
- The majority of practices are held outdoors during normal weather. Exceptions are made for thunder/lightning, heavy rain or extreme cold (indoor activities will then take place)
- Layers, hats and sunscreen are recommended to protect girls from the sun
- Girls should arrive for practice on time and have arranged pick up promptly at the end of practice (see Late Guardian Policy)
- Siblings, family members who are not registered coaches, friends and pets are not permitted to watch or join practices
- Each girl should bring her best self and know that she is important to the team!