Volunteer Spotlight: 2019 Summer Volunteer Groups
This summer has been a busy one at the Girls on the Run St. Louis office thanks to the amazing company groups that chose us for their summer volunteer experience! Over the course of June and July, we hosted seven company groups— Caravus, Deloitte, Club Fitness, Swank, KForce, KPMG & Kohls! In total, 115 volunteers helped to prepare our fall 2019 season.
Each season, every team receives a supply bin with materials that coaches need in order to implement each lesson. At various points throughout the year, we are in need of individuals and company volunteer groups to help us:
- Review and replace pages in the curriculum binders
- Breakdown the returned supply bins, sort by like-items and inventory supplies
These seven groups:
- Disassembled 193 supply bins and inventoried over 6,438 supply bin items
- Reviewed 417 curriculum binders and replaced/updated content with the help of additional individual in-office volunteers
- Washed and dried 5k race day water pitchers, coolers and stacking boards
- Inventoried finisher medals, fly banner components and race day volunteer station supplies
- Organized coach training handouts
Thank you to each of the groups for dedicating their time and energy to Girls on the Run!
Each of our volunteers makes such a huge impact! Learn how you can be involved by contacting email@example.com.