Are you excited by the prospect of creating a stronger St. Louis through the physical, social, and emotional development of young people? Are you passionate about creating a world where young people discover and activate their limitless potential? Do our Mission and Core Values resonate with you? Girls on the Run St. Louis may be the right place for you!
Girls on the Run St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 06-24-21 with immediate availability
Reporting to the Girls on the Run St. Louis Program Director and consistent with the mission and values of Girls on the Run St. Louis (GOTR-STL), Program Coordinators are responsible for assisting with the successful implementation and evaluation of quality programming throughout the GOTR-STL council area. Program Coordinators work closely with the Program Director, organizational leadership, staff, volunteer coaches, 3rd-8th grade girls, parents and other key community stakeholders to ensure quality programming.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Ensure the consistent and effective implementation of the curriculum and program at all sites.
- Coordinate and assist with all program logistics such as program calendar/key dates, lesson supplies, t-shirts, snacks, shoes, the distribution of necessary curriculum and marketing materials.
- Serve as a primary contact and resource for volunteer coaches, communicating and providing support frequently.
- Build relationships with people across our community from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Respond to all questions and concerns from parents, coaches and site liaisons in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate and effectively address any obstacles or challenges that may arise at any site.
- In collaboration with program team staff, engage in new site meetings with all approved sites before the beginning of their season to evaluate and ensure their readiness to participate in the program.
- Implement coaches training along with other program coordinators and the program director.
- Conduct site visits to build relationships with coaches, sites, and others in order to ensure the curriculum is being delivered with fidelity.
- Support evaluation process related to measuring program outcomes and collect general feedback to enhance the program experience in the future.
- Coach Girls on the Run curriculum, either in-person or virtually, as necessary.
- Support the recognition of volunteer coaches.
- Support the implementation of the GOTR St. Louis 5k events.
- Collaborate with the program team on ongoing projects.
- Responsible for helping support the organization in areas outside of programming when needed in the areas of administration, development and operations.
- Administrative responsibilities include general office and operations support
- Development responsibilities include assisting at community events to help raise awareness of the organization, or in support of an established partnership, etc.
- Operations responsibilities include the use and maintenance of the CRM database, preparation for 5K race, etc.
- Serve as a role model for Girls on the Run, exhibit the core values and work to achieve the Girls on the Run mission.
- Develop positive relationships with volunteers, board members, community and staff.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in a variety of settings and groups
- Group facilitation skills, including but not limited to: meeting facilitation (small and large groups), small group dialogues, teaching, coaching
- Ability to problem solve and engage diverse groups in mutually agreed upon goals and projects
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, G-Suite, and social media platforms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a commitment to detail and quality
- Ability to accomplish detail-oriented tasks while simultaneously maintaining an understanding of the organization’s strategic plan goals
Highly Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Youth development program design and/or implementation
- Familiarity with CRM database
- Proficiency in diverse social media outlets
- Experience with Girls on the Run curriculum and/or program
- Connection to and engagement in the local community
Compensation and Benefits Information: This position begins with a range between 20-37.5 hours/week (from August-December 2021). It will transition to a full-time hourly position (37.5 hours/week) beginning in January 2022. This position offers the opportunity to decrease hours to 20 hours/week in June and July. Weekly hours may vary, with occasional evening and weekend obligations (volunteer training, site visits and events).
The annual compensation range is $33,000-$35,000 depending on experience. Girls on the Run St. Louis offers a generous PTO package, flexible scheduling, retirement plan with company match, as well as company subsidized health insurance and a sabbatical plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Mulligan, MSW, Program Director
Girls on the Run St. Louis
3155 Sutton Boulevard, Suite 101
St. Louis, MO 63143
Please, no phone calls.
Frequently cited statistics note that communities of color, women, and other marginalized groups apply to positions only if they completely meet qualifications. Girls on the Run St. Louis encourages you to upend those statistics and apply to this position. We excitedly anticipate your application.