Join Us This Spring for Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole!
Why It Matters:
We know the pandemic, uncertainties about the future, and the isolation many are facing during social distancing are challenging the mental and physical health of our young people (and their adults). What we also know is that our girls are strong and resilient, and Girls on the Run is here to provide support for your girl in the most quality, accessible way this spring. While this program is not the only answer, we hope to offer your girl an opportunity to connect to her peers, receive the support of mentors, build her self-confidence, and practice skills for navigating life experiences!
For more about why this matters, check out this article from the National Education Association about prioritizing social-emotional learning during COVID-19.
Programming Options for Spring 2021
Ready to Get Involved?
General program registration is now closed. Late Registration will open MONDAY, MARCH 22 at 9 AM for sites that still have capacity. Click the button below to sign up your girl for a team this spring. For a full list of current teams, practice times, and locations, click here.
Due to Covid precautions and the focus on quality programming, in-person team sizes will be limited to 15 participants and virtual team sizes will be limited to 12 participants this season. We encourage sites to host additional teams to accommodate all girls who are interested in participating.
More About Our Virtual Option:
- All Virtual teams are a great way to make friends with other GOTR/H&S girls across our 23 county region!
- This is more than just another Zoom call! We know the fatigue of virtual learning is real; however, our virtual program will get your girl up and moving while having discussions with her peers!
- There are activity challenges for participants to try to complete in-between virtual lessons to help her stay active.
- Practice days/times are decided by the coaches; you will be given more info about practice times 2-3 weeks before the start of the season and can choose a different virtual team if the practice times do not work at your site.
- Parent/guardians may need to help their girl access the call but do not need to engage in the lesson with her - we have trained coaches there to take care of this!
- Girls can also dial-in to virtual lessons if access to a computer or internet is limited.
- Team size: 6-12 participants per team (a site can have multiple teams)
More About Our In-Person/Flexible Option:
- If practices start in-person and cannot continue, all participants are still registered for the virtual practices and cannot be refunded.
- Your girl will continue practicing with the team she began the season with!
- The virtual lessons will continue from where the team left off at their last in-person practice; the curriculum is the same for both so it can smoothly transition from in-person to virtual and back again as needed.
- The decision to switch practices from in-person to virtual will be made by the site, based on the guidance and restrictions of the school.
- Team size: 6-15 participants per team (a site can have multiple teams)
For more information about program fees, scholarships, and payment plans, check out Fees Explained.
Spring 2021 Timeline
Frequently Asked Questions:
Check out the Spring 2021 Program Options and Info Guide here. We will update this webpage frequently as we continue to plan for the season!
If you have questions you don't see answered, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by calling our office at (314) 862-6266.