Join Us This Fall for Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole!
Why It Matters:
We know the pandemic, uncertainties about the future, and the isolation many are facing during social distancing are challenging the mental and physical health of our young people (and their adults). What we also know is that our girls are strong and resilient, and Girls on the Run is here to provide support for your girl in the most quality, accessible way this fall. While this program is not the only answer, we hope to offer your girl an opportunity to connect to her peers, receive the support of mentors, build her self-confidence, and practice skills for navigating life experiences!
For more about why this matters, check out this article from the National Education Association about prioritizing social-emotional learning during COVID-19.
Programming Options for Fall 2020
Ready to Get Involved?
Registration is currently open for the second session of In-Person Flexible teams and for All Virtual teams. If you have any questions about whether or not your school is having a team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (314) 862-6266. Community teams, open to girls across our territory, are listed by practice days and times in registration.
*Please note: For the first time ever, Girls on the Run St. Louis will be offering 2 program sessions this fall! The first session begins the week of September 14, and the second session begins the week of October 5.
More About Our New Virtual Option:
- All Virtual teams are a great way to make friends with other GOTR/H&S girls across our 23 county region!
- This is more than just another Zoom call! We know the fatigue of virtual learning is real; however, our virtual program will get your girl up and moving while having discussions with her peers!
- There are activity challenges for participants to try to complete in-between virtual lessons to help her stay active.
- Practice days/times are decided by the coaches; you will be given more info about practice times 2-3 weeks before the start of the season and can choose a different virtual team if the practice times do not work at your site.
- Parent/guardians may need to help their girl access the call but do not need to engage in the lesson with her - we have trained coaches there to take care of this!
- Girls can also dial-in to virtual lessons if access to a computer or internet is limited.
More About Our In-Person/Flexible Option:
- If practices start in-person and cannot continue, all participants are still registered for the virtual practices and cannot be refunded.
- Your girl will continue practicing with the team she began the season with!
- The virtual lessons will continue from where the team left off at their last in-person practice; the curriculum is the same for both so it can smoothly transition from in-person to virtual and back again as needed.
- The decision to switch practices from in-person to virtual will be made by the site, based on the guidance and restrictions of the school.
For more information about program fees, scholarships, and payment plans, check out Fees Explained.
Fall 2020 Timeline
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you have questions you don't see answered, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by calling our office at (314) 862-6266.