Who are 5K Superstars?
5K Superstars are individuals running the Girls on the Run St. Louis 5K race (Fall and/or Spring season) and want to also raise money for the Girls on the Run St. Louis scholarship fund. 5K Superstars believe in the transformative power of the Girls on the Run program and want to share the importance of the program with their family, friends and community in hopes they will support the program, too.
5K Superstars can be:
- Practice partners
- Running buddies
- Family members
- Community participants
5K Superstars have no fundraising minimum and are provided individual, customizable fundraising pages to share their connection to Girls on the Run.
In addition, there are a few fundraising incentives to make their 5K race experience even more memorable:
- Raise $50, receive a discount code for a free race entry for the current season
- Raise $100, receive a 5k Superstar tech t-shirt
- Raise $175, earn access into the race day VIP tent experience
To earn incentives, fundraising goals need to be attained approximately 4 weeks prior to the race date.
Funds raised support our scholarship fund, allowing every girl to be a Girl on the Run. Each $175 raised provides a scholarship for one girl to be able to participate in our program, regardless of financial need.
- Sign up to be a 5K Superstar and setup your fundraising page (registration will reopen for the spring 5k in March)
- Reach out to friends and family and include the link to your personal fundraising page
- Raise $50 to earn one entry into the Girls on the Run 5k in downtown St Louis
- Register to run the Girls on the Run St. Louis 5K using your discount code*
- Raise $100 to earn your 5k Superstar Shirt
- Raise $175 to earn VIP tent access
- Support a girl for a season and empower her for a lifetime!
*Race registration will open in Spring 2020. Please note the following regarding race entry:
Participation as a 5K Superstar does not include race entry. If you are unable to meet the $50 incentive goal for a free race entry by the deadline, you must still register for the 5K if you plan to run.
Girls in the program, head, assistant and practice partner coaches and site liaisons are already registered for the 5K. No refunds will be given for duplicate registrations; however, you may transfer a duplicate registration to another person.
If you have any questions, please contact Courtney Turner, Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.