Who are 5K Superstars?
5K Superstars are individuals running the Girls on the Run St. Louis 5K race (Fall and/or Spring season) and want to also raise money for the Girls on the Run St. Louis scholarship fund. 5K Superstars believe in the transformative power of the Girls on the Run program and want to share the importance of the program with their family, friends and community in hopes they will support the program, too.
5K Superstars can be:
- Practice partners
- Running buddies
- Family members
- Community participants
5K Superstars have no fundraising minimum and are provided individual, customizable fundraising pages to share their connection to Girls on the Run.
In addition, there are a few fundraising incentives to make their 5K race experience even more memorable:
- Raise $50, receive a discount code for a free race entry for the current season
- Raise $150, receive a 5K Superstar t-shirt
To earn incentives, fundraising goals need to be attained approximately 4 weeks prior to the race date.
Funds raised support our scholarship fund, allowing every girl to be a Girl on the Run. Each $150 raised provides a scholarship for one girl to be able to participate in our program, regardless of financial need.
- Sign up to be a 5K Superstar and setup your fundraising page
- Reach out to friends and family and include the link to your personal fundraising page
- Raise $50 to earn one entry into the Girls on the Run 5k in downtown St Louis
- Register to run the Girls on the Run St. Louis 5K using your discount code*
- Raise $150 to earn your 5k Superstar Shirt
- Support a girl for a season and empower her for a lifetime!
*Please note the following regarding race entry:
Participation as a 5K Superstar does not include race entry. If you are unable to meet the $50 incentive goal for a free race entry by the deadline, you must still register for the 5K if you plan to run.
Girls in the program, head, assistant and practice partner coaches and site liaisons are already registered for the 5K. No refunds will be given for duplicate registrations; however, you may transfer a duplicate registration to another person.
Fall 2018 T-Shirt Design
If you have any further questions, please contact Courtney Turner, Development Coordinator at email@example.com.