A Community Run Benefiting the GOTR-STL Scholarship Fund
Saturday, May 9, 2015
Soldiers’ Memorial downtown St. Louis
1 Mile Fun Run – 7:45 a.m.
5k Run – 8:00 a.m.
- $25 through May 1 ($15 for children under 12)
- $30 May 2 – May 8 ($20 for children under 12)
- $35 May 9 ($25 for children under 12)
Please note: Girls in the program, all coaches (site liaisons, head coaches, assistant coaches, and practice partners) are already registered for the 5k. No refunds will be given for duplicate registrations.
Registration begins February 12, 2015
Register online through May 9, 2015
Race Day Registration will be open from 6:45 – 8:00 a.m. in front of Soldiers’ Memorial
Can't remember if you registered? Click here to search. Note: Girls in the program and coaches may not show up in this search. Participants and coaches are already registered for the 5k. No refunds will be given for duplicate registrations.
Download a paper registration form here. All paper forms must be postmarked by May 1.
5k Course Map
Check out our 5k route in downtown St. Louis! The Fun Run starts and finishes in the same locations as the 5k.
We need many volunteers to have a fun and successful race. Visit the Volunteer at the 5k page to view the race volunteer opportunities.
T-shirts & Merchandise
All 5k and Fun Run registrants will receive a commemorative short sleeve T-shirt while supplies last.
Premium technical t-shirts and other Girls on the Run merchandise will be available for purchase while supplies last at packet pick-up and at the merchandise tent on race day.
Medals for all finishers. Awards for top three finishers (male and female) in each age division: 7/under, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,13/14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
5k race timed by Big River Race Management using Chronotrack Timing System™
To help facilitate a positive race experience for all runners and walkers, we ask that you practice standard 5k etiquette:
- Please do not push or rush to the starting line once the gun goes off. The race is chip timed, so your time won’t start until you cross the starting line. No need to hurry! Walk calmly and orderly to the starting line and then start running.
- As much as possible, please try to run at an even pace the entire race instead of starting and stopping, sprinting and walking, etc.
- Should you need to walk, please move to the far right of the street and try to ease your pace into a walk instead of abruptly stopping.
- Allow runners to pass on the left.
- Please pass slower runners/walkers on the left.
- If you see a runner who needs medical attention, please alert a Course Marshal.
- Run or walk in pairs only. No groups of three or more across the street as it would block other runners from passing.
- Do not wear another runners bib. It is mandatory for runners to register for the race so each participants signs our waiver. Also, wearing another runners bib will alter the race results.
- No dogs may accompany runners/walkers in the 5k.
- No bicycles are allowed on the race course (except for designated bike marshals).
- While strollers are discouraged, participants may run or walk with a stroller BUT they must start at the very back of the race (even if running with a Girl on the Run participant).
- iPods and other personal music players are also highly discouraged. Running music free helps to make the race safer and allows you to really take in the atmosphere of the race!
To ensure we have a safe environment for our race participants, the course will be completely closed to traffic and two highway exits will be closed.
Westbound highway exits 38 B Market St. and 39 A Market St./21st St. will be closed from 6:30 – 10 a.m. due to the race course.
Ride the Metrolink and avoid parking downtown! The Civic Center stop is one block from race village.
There is plenty of street parking with meters surrounding race village. As of July 2013, the City of St. Louis is enforcing parking meter charges downtown. If you choose to park on the street, you will need to pay the meter. There is typically a two hour time limit.
The parking lots listed below will be open race morning and will charge $5 per vehicle. This is a great option to avoid having to return to your car to feed the parking meter.
Parkside Garage (14th & Pine), Parkside Lot (15th & Pine), 11th & Pine, 10th & Pine, 11th and Clark and 18th and Chestnut Garage
Drop-off & Pick-up zone is located behind Soldiers’ Memorial on Pine Street. Enter Pine from Tucker Blvd. Drivers can drop off passengers with an adult. This will also serve as the pick-up location after the race.
Buses- buses should drop off passengers on Pine St. behind Soldiers’ Memorial and proceed away from the race course to find free street parking OR they may park at the lot at St. Charles and Tucker. The charge for that lot will be $10.
Handicapped Parking is available on Market St. just west of Tucker Blvd.
Race officials may cancel, delay or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued.
Race registrations are non-refundable.