Wondering what your girl will be doing at Girls on the Run or Heart & Sole practice?
- She will participate in interactive lessons that involve activities, games and walking/running to teach life skills and build character and confidence
- She will contribute to her community through a community impact project (GOTR) or doing acts of kindness for others who might otherwise be ignored (H&S)
- She will join girls from around the area downtown to complete the 5k and celebrate her accomplishment at the end of the season!
- Girls are expected to commit to coming to both lessons every week
- Girls must wear secure, close-toed athletic shoes to practice (no bare feet, clogs, Crocs, flip flops or other loose or open-toed shoes will be permitted)
- Girls should wear clothing that are good for being active and appropriate for the weather
- The majority of practices are held outdoors during normal weather. Exceptions are made for thunder/lightning, heavy rain or extreme cold (indoor activities will then take place)
- Layers, hats and sunscreen are recommended to protect girls from the sun
- Girls should arrive for practice on time and have arranged pick up promptly at the end of practice (see Late Guardian Policy)
- Siblings, family members who are not registered coaches, friends and pets are not permitted to watch or join practices
- Each girl should bring her best self and know that she is important to the team!
Grown Up Guide
This booklet will help you understand what your Girl on the Run is learning and help continue the conversations that she is having at practices. Ask one of your girl's coaches to find out what Girls on the Run curriculum the team is using.